Bay Village Senior Transportation
Limited Transportation Available
Bay Transportation has started Limited transportation.
Please call (440) 899-3410
If you are new to using transportation, please fill out the Transportation Registration Waiver and bring it to the Knickerbocker office. Additionally, you can fill out the form online.
Due to the pandemic, everyone needs to complete the COVID-19 waiver. You can also bring that to the office and it will be forwarded to the Senior Transportation Department offices.
For Bay Village Residents
- Operating Hours are from 8:00 am until 4 pm on weekdays.
- Seniors 60 years or older
- Knickerbocker Apartment Residents
- Permanently or temporarily disabled residents
- Medical Appointments
A wheelchair lift is available. Prior registration is required.
- Wheelchair passengers must have an able-bodied escort and may be transported on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Reservations may be made up to 3 months in advance, but at least 24 hours prior to the appointment.
- All appointments will be confirmed the work day prior to the appointment.
- When scheduling a doctor appointment, please ask how long you can expect to be there so that the return trip can be scheduled.
- If Bay Schools are closed due to severe weather, transportation will not run.
- The driver cannot leave the vehicle to escort passengers; it is a curb-to-curb service.
- Transportation will not be provided to persons after any medical appointments requiring anesthesia, nor will transportation be provided to a hospital Emergency Room.
- We reserve the right to deny transportation at any time.
Money collection boxes are in all vehicles.
- $2 round trip in Bay Village
- $4 round trip to Rocky River and Westlake
- $5 round trip to Avon, Avon Lake, Fairview Park, Lakewood, and North Olmsted
Exact change is necessary. Checks may be made payable to the City of Bay Village.
There is NO federal government funding for the operation of this program. ALL operating expenses are paid by the City of Bay Village. Financial support from the riders is necessary. Please pay your fair share.
Contact the Transportation Coordinator at 440-899-3410.